Friday, August 19, 2005

Interview - LYZA WILSON


If you like feisty female singers in the style of Alannis Morrisette then check out Lyza's debut album and website - you won't be disappointed!



What are you currently up to? (E.g. touring/studio, etc.)
I am currently getting my cd out there as much as possible. Trying to get radio play wherever possible, etc.

Brief history of how you got into the music business and the style of music
you play…
I got into the music business slowly, playing gigs, then meeting people…The style of music I play is really eclectic. I kind of go all over the map really. I just play what I love. I think all of it is really infused with soul, at least my soul anyway.

Could you give us some background to your debut album please?
I worked with some amazing musicians and writers and we came up with some great music. We got a mix of songs that are funky, dancy, rock n' roll and soulful.

What bands/artists do you admire and/or are an influence?
I admire so many artists, its hard to name them all. I could start with Stevie Wonder, Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Rickie Lee Jones, Lyle Lovett, just to name a few.

What has been the highlight(s) and lowpoint(s) of your career to date?
High points, performing at gigs, making great music. Low points, not being able to reach people all over with my music--its so hard to get out there.

I see form your website that you are a trained dancer. How have you worked
this into your stage show and which do you prefer – singing or dancing?
I definatley incorporate dancing in my act, I love to move around the stage and love to dance in general. I prefer singing of course.

What ideally would you like to achieve ideally by this time next year?
I would like to get my music heard by the masses. I would love to tour.

How easy/hard is it to get gigs? What have been the live highlights so far?
Gigs are there in New York city, its just deciding where to play. The great clubs are harder to get into. The highlights have been The Red Lion and Piano's.

Has the Internet helped spread the word about your music and do you
agree/disagree that downloading aids newer bands?
I can say the internet has definitely helped me get my music out there.
What’s the most rock ‘n’ roll moment you have had so far?
Playing in front of 15,000 people in Belgium.

What CD's do you currently have available and where can they be purchased
from?
My first album that is self titled Lyza Wilson is available at Lyzawilson.com, amazon.com and on cdbaby.

Message to your fans..
Listen, love and thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket