Monday, February 21, 2005

Bradenburg by Henry Porter (Orion) Published June 2005

In my school days I used to devour the works of such spy thriller writers as Len Deighton, Gavin Lyall, Anthony Price, Le Carre etc It's been a long time since I've read a good spy thriller (bar 'Fatherland' by Robert Harris) but now Henry Porter has produced a book here that will I am sure delight fans of these authors.

I read Porter's previous novel, 'Empire State' and although it was a good read it was nothing like 'Brandenburg', which has a high level of suspense going on throughout the book plus plenty of twists and turns plot wise. It brings the espionage novel back into vogue and the description's of the disintegration of East Germany are a masterstroke as it sets the novel into context nicely. I'd say easily on par with 'Fatherland' that modern benchmark of espionage/historical thrillers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket