Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Glen Burtnik interview

Here is a snippet of a 10Q's with GLEN BURTNIK. He is a wonderful singer/songwriter whose had a string of solo albums plus had two stints with STYX.
Albums worth owning featuring Glen B are 'Welcome To Hollywood', 'Heroes & Zeroes' and STYX's 'Cyclorama'

1. What are you currently up to?
Writing songs, thinking up another way to make a living...Oh, and they tell me big shot country singer Jo Dee Messina has recorded a song of mine as the title track to her new album.

I am slowly working on some more videos for Welcome To Hollywood as well. There's a chance I might release the album as a DVD in the States.

2. Take us through some of your personal highlights of the new album `Welcome To Hollywood' please
Well, first let me point out the cool remix of the title song. On that "hidden" track (which can be found only as CD-ROM data) a number of fans and friends actually helped.

Initially remixed and augmented by "The Hit Maker", then my son Beau added some more track to it, and I next added sound-bytes from people who'd contributed recordings of themselves reciting the album's title. I think that's kind of exciting, it makes it like a community project.

Let's see, of course I like a lot on the album. Off the top of my head, I love the background vocals on THE MUSE (Antonique Smith, Barbara Hahn, Everett Bradley & I).

Kiss Your Ass Goodbye is one of my favorite songs I've ever written, ANOTHER is one of my all-time best best ballads and Production-wise, I feel like SUPER BOY is probably the most elaborate thing I've ever been involved with.

I also dig the bonus DVD.

Full interview here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket