Monday, April 10, 2006

PAUL LIDDELL news



What are you currently up to (eg recording, gigs etc)?

I'm currently touring with Steve Daggett. We've got 20 dates around the UK in April. We've also recorded a CD to sell at the gigs, it's a very limited edition thing called 'Lo - Showbiz' which is a very accurate statement about this tour! We need roadies who are willing to work for peanuts. Any takers?

Plans for the rest of 2006...

More touring up and down the UK, just trying to spread the word so people actually know who I am! More songwriting, and hopefully a totally fun packed and debauched Summer as good as the last one. More gigs also with my new band 'Delphians'. www.myspace.com/delphians

Highlights/lowlights of the year so far...

Making it through to the final of the northerntrax.net song competition. I'm in the running to win the thing, which would be great! A few gigs stick out in my mind from this year too, one at 'The Ent Shed' in Bedford, one at Cherry Burton Village Hall, the new Delphians EP launch at Smugglers in Sunderland and Porters in Bath. They were gooood. Lowlights have been few and far between (I'm touching wood as I type!) but standing in the corner of a grot hole pub being heckled by middle aged drunk women wasn't much fun.

Message for your fans...

Fans?

Website
My Space

First and lastest albums bought & why...

First album I bought was 'Never Loved Elvis' by The Wonder Stuff. I still listen to it now (although I've upgraded to a CD copy, the cassette snapped!) I just love the songs, great lyrics. 'Mission Drive' is such an exciting tune, it makes me want to jump around like a fool. Latest album was 'The Gulley Flats Boys' by Frances Dunnery. It's a really chilled out kind of album, and his voice is great. I love to hear accents in a vocal and his Cumbrian really gives it an edge. I think it's cumbrian, might be something else...

Album(s) you couldn't be without...

'VS' - Pearl Jam, 'Superunknown' - Soundgarden, 'Grace' - Jeff Buckley, 'Siamese Dream' - Smashing Pumpkins, 'Evil Empire' - Rage Against The Machine.

Album(s) in my collection that would surprise people...

Probably all of the above! A lot of metal and rock considering I'm an acoustic based artist.

Band(s)/artist(s) you've discovered recently & why they are worth a listen...

Jose Gonzalez because he sounds like Nick Drake and Elliott Smith at the same time.

First and latest gig attended...

My first gig was Baz Warne (now guitarist with the Stranglers) at a pub in Sunderland called The Ropery. It was really packed and I immediately decided to become a guitar toting rock god. It still hasn't happened unfortunately....I actually haven't been to a gig in a while, I'm always gigging on the same night as the ones I want to go to! I think it was probably Steve Daggett @ the Smugglers, also in Sunderland. I like pub gigs. Lo - Showbiz.

Album you bought you really wish you hadn't...

'Is This It' by The Strokes. In a word, SHIT.

If I wasn't a musician I'd be a...

mad scientist living in a tall tower watching people through a golden telescope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket