Monday, April 10, 2006

STEVE CONTE (NEW YORK DOLLS) news

What are you currently up to (eg recording, gigs etc)?

I just finished recording the 3rd new york dolls studio album, produced by jack douglas (john lennon, cheap trick, aerosmith) with special guests iggy pop, michael stipe & bo diddley. look for it in stores this summer!

Plans for the rest of 2006...

touring w/ the dolls in the usa & europe and unleashing my new band "steve conte & the frequencies" on the world!

Highlights/lowlights of the year so far...

writing songs with david johansen and sylvain sylvain for the new dolls album!

Message for your fans...

keep your ears and mind open for good, new music...

Website
My Space

First and lastest albums bought & why...
beatles '65 and rolling stones "throught the past darkly" were my 1st childhood albums (my 1st 7'' or 45 was "stand" b/w "i wanna take you higher" by sly & the family stone) latest cd i bought was elmore james "dust my broom" box set

Album(s) you couldn't be without...
chris whitley "living with the law"....beatles "revolver"...

Album(s) in my collection that would surprise people...
"queens of country" collection

Band(s)/artist(s) you've discovered recently & why they are worth a listen...
madeline peyroux "careless love"...she sounds just like billie holiday

First and latest gig attended...
black sabbath @ casion arean in asbury pk, nj was 1st....last was ziggy marley @ starland ballroom

Piece of music/album by myself/band that sums up my sound/band...
"goin out west" by tom waits

Album you bought you really wish you hadn't...
plastic bertrand's greatest hit(s)

If I wasn't a musician I'd be a...
horse whisperer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket