Tuesday, April 11, 2006

MICHAEL HANNON (AMERICAN DOG)

What are you currently up to (eg recording, gigs etc)?

We just finished recording Led Zeppelin's "Hot Dog", for the cd that goes with Classic Rock Magazine, it's for the Led Zep issue that will be out in July, which will coincide with our U.K. tour, We've also recently recorded 4 songs for Pete Way's next solo disc, We've mailed him the music, which he'll do the singing on. We've also been demoing songs for our next disc and playing a ton of live shows, all this while working day jobs, having no managment or label! Business as usual I guess!

Plans for the rest of 2006...

More of the same keep beating our heads against the wall, playing "Anywhere and Everywhere" , and refusing to die!

Highlights/lowlights of the year so far...

The Highlight of this year so far was a Mini-Tour we did with Broken Teeth that covered a lot of big cities, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, etc.

The lowlight so far has been the consant struggle to get any support in our home-town, we can go 100 miles in any direction and get good gigs, just nothing here at home.

Message for your fans...

Never Say Die! Real Rock-n-Roll is still around you just have to dig a little deeper to find it!


First and lastest albums bought & why...

The first albums I bought were these various artist things they have here in the States, they were buy a company called K-Tel and they had 40 of the biggest hits of the day on them.......but the first "Real" album I bought was Kiss-Alive!, which is still to this day in my top 10 of all time.

The latest...........Just today I got the Lemmy Anthology "Damage Case"

Album(s) you couldn't be without...

There's a lot of 'em, but let'a list a few.
AC/DC - "Powerage"
ZZ Top - "Tres Hombres"
Ted Nugent - s/t
The Godz- s/t
and the entire Motorhead Catalog!!

Album(s) in my collection that would surprise people...

The brass stuff, like the first three Chicago (Transit Authority) albums, Chase, Blood, Sweat and Tears, and Miles Davis.

I have an Allman Brothers "Best of" playing as I type this, but I don't think that would surprise anyone.

Band(s)/artist(s) you've discovered recently & why they are worth a listen...

A co-worker just turned me on to the Cramps, I've been aware of them for a long time but this is the first time I've heard a full cd.

On newer bands , we toured with a group from Sweden called Crucified Barbara who are great, I'm really looking forward to their second disc. I didn't mention they were all female because it doesn't matter they're just damn good.

First and latest gig attended...

The first "Big" show I went to was Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles together!! Fleetwood Mac were on "Rumors" and the Eagles were on "Hotel California", it was in Pittsburgh at Three Rivers Stadium.

My latest was Whitesnake, ...Last Summer in Columbus, which was Fantastc! I don't get out to see many shows anymore as I am playing so much myself.

Piece of music/album by myself/band that sums up my sound/band...

I think "Shitkicker" off our "Red, White, Black and Blue" cd best describes our band and our attitude.

Album you bought you really wish you hadn't...

Being a Compete Motorhead Junkie, I bought a "best of" cd recently called "Deaf Forever", which in the catalog was described as a cd with a dvd side...................pffffttt!!! Another best of Motorhead I don't need, (I have at least 20 of 'em already!) the dvd side is what I was excited about!..........the dvd side on this Bastard is "surround sound" for yer dvd player! BASTARDS!

If I wasn't a musician I'd be a...

a Roadie! cuz I'm a lifer!

Cheers!
Michael Hannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket