Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Music Matters - JAY RUSNAK (IRONHORSE)

First and last albums bought & why...
---First album ever bought was KISS--Destroyer at the age of nine because KISS was like a comic book come to life. The most recent album I picked up is The Duke by Jorn Lande......I'm on a serious Jorn kick lately---he's the top of the heap vocally these days and stylistically he's everything I ever wanted to hear from a rock singer.

Album(s) you couldn't be without...

1) RAINBOW--Long Live Rock And Roll
2) GARY MOORE--Victims of the Future
3) JORN--Out To Every Nation
4) JOHN NORUM--Face The Truth
5) BLACK SABBATH--Heaven and Hell

Album(s) in my collection that would surprise people...

Old Frank Sinatra, Tori Amos, Sarah McLaughlan, New Lee Aaron Jazz stuff...

Band(s)/artist(s) you've discovered recently & why they are worth a listen...

Jorn, Evergrey---a lot of stuff over in Europe....the quality of everything is so high--production, material, performances. It's rather inspiring compared to what we hear here in the states. I also was very impressed with Evanescence when they first came out.

First and latest gig attended...
Scorpions--Love at First Sting tour-1984
Yngwie--a few months ago--no bands tour much near where I live now so I went just for the hell of it.

Piece of music/album by myself/band that sums up my sound/band...

For IRONHORSE, I would go with "Haunted Saloon". Very moody and dynamic--blues, country and metal all wrapped up in one. For me--hasn't been recorded yet. Now if I only had acess to Jorn!.........;-)

Album you bought you really wish you hadn't...
Alice in Chains---the Purple Dog/Tripod album

If I wasn't a musician I'd be a...
writer, probably. It's the only other useful skill I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Site Meter Image hosting by Photobucket